Approval-type Business Processes
Over the course of 2014, we have developed a special solution built on top of the Oracle BPM stack called e-Approval. This solution allows customers to create multi-tenant approval-type business processes by means of configuration using UI tools.
Traditionally, BPM projects are modelled, built and deployed using a life-cycle approach and different tools in the process. It involves many stake-holders including Business Owners, Analysts, Process Architects and Developers and finally a Platform Team to deploy the solution. Additionally, in our experience we have found that a great portion of business processes developed are actually a variation (or form) of an approval process.
With this in mind, our team has created a generic approval-type solution that allows configuring business processes instead of building them, with the following benefits:
- multi-tenant: multiple flows can be configured independently
- almost no development required (except for customisations and/or business rules) thus greatly reducing Time to Market and Cost
- no dependencies on other teams: self-adminstration UI to configure new or changing existing flows
- avoid re-deployment delays: changes are applied instantly
- one solution supports multiple business processes, thus reducing the overall cost of both hardware and licenses
- easy to maintain and roll-out new releases
- the solution can evolve over time with minimal impact on the existing flows
- reducing the amount of deployments lessens the risk of platform downtime and restarts
If you would like to know how you can benefit from using e-Approval in your organisation please don't hesitate to Contact Us.
Current Initiative: Task-based Business Processes
As well as continuing to evolve e-Approval, we are also developing a new solution to allow customers to configure task-based business processes, which allow the resolution of one or more tasks depending on the type of request.
The solution has the following characteristics:
A task engine that is able to assign an unlimited number of tasks to different resolution groups
- An optional approval / review stage can be configured so that the list of tasks are checked and additional information entered before being sent for resolution
Each task can have its own approval / resolution flow, optionally making its resolution conditional through the use of rules
Tasks can be grouped by categories and added to a global catalogue, potentially integrating with Asset management systems and external providers
Where can this solution be used? The typical scenarios would be a:
- pre or off-boarding processes
- service desks
- any business process that requires a list of tasks to be executed
The benefits are:
- Configure processes instead of developing, thus reducing development times
- Deploy changes immediately
- Reduce cost and time to market